Sunday, February 1, 2009

Documenting the Inauguration

With my digital camera, iPhone, and Twitter I was able to shape my own narrative about President Obama’s Inauguration in Washington, D.C.  Multimedia allowed me to build my own story as it took place in front of me.  My own feelings were being documented in real time to help me paint an overview afterwards on my blog.  Without this multimedia, I would have had to summarize what I felt once I got back versus being able to truly express my at-the-time visions and feelings.  I was able to look at the timestamps on my pictures and match it up with my words to perfectly portray what was going through my mind.  I told friends before my departure to the mall about this assignment and some thought I would be too worried about completing my project and this, in turn, would ruin my experience.  Instead, it helped build a lasting narrative that could not be matched by anything I pieced together afterward.

No comments:

Post a Comment